LÁMH HEALING FOUNDATION Breaking the Chain of Malignant Shame
● We believe the first step is for us as individuals, families and communities to talk openly about the effects of abuse. As long as the legacy of abuse remains buried deep in our nation’s psyche, it will be a malignant illness preventing us from moving forward and from making the most of our collective potential.
● We believe that forgiveness is a hugely empowering tool that enables those who have suffered abuse to break free and move forward, giving them the chance to realise their own potential. “... a sanctuary - a beautiful, tranquil place of kindness, a place apart where the land is untainted, a place that fosters a new way of seeing things,”
● We plan, create and conduct workshop retreats for those in need of support and respite.
● We plan to turn our charity shops into Shops and Resource Centres where people can learn about the effects of abuse and the services available.
● We plan to design and build a sanctuary - "a beautiful, tranquil place of kindness, a place apart where the land is untainted, a place that fosters a new way of seeing things," a place with flexibility to meet a range of needs from the need to just be to the need to express to the need to contribute.
● We plan to provide a place for reflection and reconciliation – a place where Ireland’s history of abuse is recorded and the stories of hope celebrated.